In modern time, banks play an important role in the global economies. During the recent times, increases in telecommunications and other financial technologies, have allowed banks to extend their reach all over the world, and there is no longer a need for customers to visit bank’s branches for every transaction, as most of the transactions can happen online. The growth in cross-border activities has also increased the demand for banks that can provide various services across borders to different nationalities. Despite these advances in cross-border activities, the banking industry is nowhere near as globalized as some other industries. There exists huge growth potential for IT professionals to work on banking domain as it will gear itself for more and more growth and automation in the coming years. There is no doubt that “Technology” is going to be catalyst in that growth, creating huge opportunities for professionals with good understanding of banking domain.
TechnoFunc presents an overview of Banking Industry for the benefit of its members explaining components or segments in banking industry.
- What is Banking
- Definition of Bank
- Overview of Banking Industry
- Type of Banks: Different Types of Banks & their Functions
- Banking Sector & Its Segments
- Banking Operations
- Financial Assets
- Financial Institutions
- Financial Intermediaries – Depository
- Financial Intermediaries – Non-Depository
- Financial Markets
- Key Services of the Financial System
- What is a Bank?
- Economic Benefits of Banking
- How Banks Earn Profit?
- Basics of The Bank’s Balance Sheet
- Modern Banking Products
- Different Types of Payment
- Trends in Banking Industry
- Basic Functions in Banking
- How the Banking System Works